Public bodies contribute significantly to the funding of our projects. But we are also dependent on your support.

It is your contributions that make our activities possible. Thanks to your support, GeTM is currently executing 12 major projects in four countries likely to bring succour to more than 70,000 people.

By supporting our activities, you can contribute something extra to help others.





repratition donsDistribution of funds: only 15% of our total expenditure is allocated for monitoring projects, financial control and organizing awareness campaigns in Switzerland. The remaining 85% is spent directly in the field.

Why should you donate?

Find out about our activities. You can then decide if your money should be spent on a specific project, in a specific area or if it should be spent on the most urgent tasks we have undertaken. We advise you to take this decision yourself.

How much should you donate?

Here are some examples of ongoing projects that can be financed by your contribution:

  • By donating 50 Swiss francs, you could finance the training of an Andean peasant woman in marketing so that she can get the best price for the wool produced by her llamas.

In Peru, 78% of famers in the Andes live in dire poverty. They raise llamas and alpacas for their wool and meat, but these two products do not fetch a good price in the market. Overgrazing of meadows, soil erosion, harsh climatic conditions in these high-altitude regions, theft of healthy animals and the present marketing system are responsible for low productivity.

  • A contribution of 100 Swiss francs will help maintain the supply of potable water to some of Bogota’s poor districts for a period of three months.

The consequences of the armed conflict that has been ravaging Colombia for the last 50 years are clearly visible in the capital, Bogota. The precarious living conditions in the city’s poorer neighbourhoods have given rise to environmental problems like the pollution of streams, the disappearance of water-bodies, enormous quantities of garbage, etc.

  • With 25 Swiss francs you can enable a young person in Cotonou to get computer-training and help him earn a living.

Cotonou is the economic capital of Benin. The city has been growing at a rapid pace and its population will exceed two million by 2015. 65% of the city’s active population is jobless which includes 53% of those in the 15-24 age group.

  • With 65 Swiss francs you can help finance the construction and equipment of a small breeding farm to enable a farmer to get a regular income from his hard work.

In the northern part of Togo, 96% of the population depends on agriculture for a living. However, due to the vagaries of the climate and decreasing soil fertility, farmers find it difficult to make a living. Although it is possible to add to their income by taking up animal farming (sheep, goats and poultry), they lack the means to do so.

Financial support

Companies and foundations, your donations can ensure the smooth functioning of our organization or the execution of specific projects. Do not hesitate to contact us for clarifications regarding the implementation of projects as we promise complete transparency in all our dealings. GeTM assures its backers that their donations will be used appropriately. To this end, the Association has laid down a rigorous procedure of financial checks for every single project.

Reports assessing the progress of various projects are available on demand.

Give differently

There are several important milestones in your life (like marriage, the birth of a child, retirement, etc.) when you could give a donation to GeTM. By asking your friends and family to donate to our Association the money they would have spent on gifts or flowers, you will introduce an element of sharing on these happy occasions.

Donate in times of sorrow

When you lose a loved one, you could donate to our organization the money you would normally spend on flowers. It is, after all, a way of sharing what you have with those who are less fortunate.

It is for you to decide whether this donation should be spent on a project or in a specific area or simply on an urgent task that we have taken up. We advise you to decide for yourself. GeTMwould be very grateful and the grieving family will receive a list of the persons who have given donations in the memory of the deceased.